Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 9, 2013 -- Leiden, Holland

March 9, 2013 -- Leiden

After hanging around a gym watching basketball from 9 am until 4 pm, we headed back to the hotel (me and the mom of one of Sarah's teammates, BT).  I decided to walk to the town center and told BT that I would meet her at La Cubanita, a Tapas place, at 7 pm.  I made my way to the town center (about a 20 minute walk) without getting lost.  I wandered around taking pictures.  Leiden has a university (apparently the equivalent of an Ivy League School in Europe) that also includes a very good medical school.  C of course informed me that there was a very important discovery at the medical school of a genetic blood disease now called Leiden Syndrome (I know probably an unnecessary detail).  Here are some pictures from the quaint little city.  I have to say I really enjoyed it.  Got a little carried away with the pictures!




























No comments:

Post a Comment