Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Weekend of February 14th, 2014

Antwerp -- February 14th and 15th

My Valentine's Day plans changed quickly when I heard from C that his flight out of DC was cancelled due to a snowstorm.  Instead a dinner party at a friend's house, I boarded the FIS bus to Antwerp, Belgium.  I watched basketball Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.  FIS easily handled Antwerp.  Things did not go so well for the Warriors against the Hague who drove in for a Saturday game at the International School of Antwerp.

Friday evening, I got the chance to walk around Antwerp and dine with the coaches.  We went out to a beer hall after dinner.  Yarna (the JV girls' coach) and I lasted through one round and then headed back to the hotel.  The rest of the gang stayed until 1 am.











No comments:

Post a Comment