Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 29, 2012 --" Can I have zwei Hühnchen?"

September 29, 2012 -- S makes fun of me!

S and I went to the Farmer's Market today.  There is a market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings in Oberursel.  In addition to vegetable and fruit stands, there are all sorts of items sold in various trucks -- poultry, pork, sausages, cheese, bread, pastries to name some of them.  I went to the market to purchase chicken breasts with the bone-in.  So, I went up to the truck and asked "Can I have zwei Hühnchen."  S laughed.  She said do you realize how many times you start a sentence in English and finish it in German.  The sad part is that I can say "I would like two chickens" in German -- Ich möchte zwie Hühnchen.  However, old habits die hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment