Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 8-10, 2012 -- Success at IKEA -- Finally!

October 8th - 10th

It was a relatively uneventful week here in Oberursel.  I went furniture shopping with my neighbor -- two places other than IKEA.  After a couple of hours, guess what?  We ended up back at IKEA.  For the price, IKEA seems to have the best selection, at least in Germany. (I am thinking of starting a Bob's Furniture Store here in Frankfurt Am Main -- anyone know Bob?).  When I went this time, however, I had German speaking help.  After getting all of our items, I once again needed to have them transported and put together (these were very big pieces and while C is patient it would not have worked).  We went over to the Transport Counter and my neighbor, Katrin, handled the transaction -- obviously all in German.  At first the man at the counter told me that I would not be able to have everything delivered and put together until the end of October.  But then, he leaned across the counter and told Katrin that if she threatened to put everything back, they would deliver and put it together by Wednesday (it was Monday).  He then went over to another desk and told us it was all taken care of and that we should go to the other desk any everything would be put together and delivered on Wednesday.  (I do not believe that I would be getting that service speaking English).  When we went over there, the people recognized me (at that time K's wardrobe was still not complete despite two attempts by their employees to put it together because the correct parts were not included).  He asked me if I had received the parts from Sweden and I told him that I received them in the mail over the weekend.  He said that everything would be taken care of on Wednesday -- my three new pieces and the wardrobe.  YES, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!  IKEA CAME ON WEDNESDAY PUT TOGETHER MY NEW PIECES AND K'S WARDBROBE (IT ONLY TOOK A MONTH AND A HALF TO GET K HER WARDROBE).

No comments:

Post a Comment