Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 13, 2012 -- In Honor of My "Niece"

November 13,  2012

This entry is in honor of my "niece." "A" became my niece officially after spending the week with us during the power outage in Woodbury last October (2011).  Actually, you could say we adopted the whole family -- showers and dinner for 12 every night.

I guess it is only fitting that when I returned from Germany to attend Karissa's wedding Connecticut and New York had just survived another hurricane, and of course A's family had been without power all week.  To complicate life, the game for the league championship was scheduled for the afternoon of the rehearsal dinner.   A,  of course, was the Maid of Honor.  So, what do you do -- field hockey or your sister's rehearsal.  Well, if you are A, you do both.  It is hard to believe that this tough, but incredibly sweet, all-star athlete (in my book All-American) who played in a game for the league championship from 3:15 to 5:15 in Litchfield the afternoon of the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner could so quickly be transformed into such a beautiful young lady just hours later.  We posed for a picture together at the Rehearsal Dinner and while I always try to keep out of pictures and rarely put pictures of me on the blog -- A made me promise to do so.  Since she kept her promise and scored a goal for me in the first round of the states, I must keep my promise to her.  So here it is A.  By the way, congratulations on an amazing high school career.  I look forward to following your field hockey career in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment