Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5th -- Walking in the Rain

February 5, 2013

So my motto lately has been  -- if you can't beat 'em join 'em.  Since we have returned from our Christmas break in the U.S., we can count on one hand how many times we have seen the sun.  On the days when we do see the sun, it is usually for a very short period of time.  If we shipped Punxsutawney Phil to Oberursel, we would have an early spring every year because he would never see his shadow.  So, what is a person to do?  The German answer is that there is never bad weather only the wrong clothing.

Lately, including today, I  put on boots, a raincoat and gloves and headed out to walk with Ana and Mac in the forest.  With the help of my neighbor, I have gotten brave.  We started walking all of our dogs together (four).  She lets her dogs off their leashes and encouraged me to do the same (keep in mind that her dogs listen better as she is the Austrian Dog Whisperer).  So now, when no one is around, I let Mac and Ana off of their leashes and they romp in forest, and I might add have a ball.  Ana has figured out that Mac is afraid of the water so when Mac is bothering her she simply jumps into a brook and leaves Mac racing up and down the bank of the brook barking at her, but unable to get her.  It is quite a funny scene.






Good friends -- Who would have thought?

No doubt, Ana is a Lab

Wow! I am a dirty dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment