Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January 11-12th -- C and Alana's favorite city

January 11-12th

On Friday, C, Alana and I drove to Brussels to watch S play b-ball. It was about a 4 hour car trip.  We left in the morning, drove the four hours to Brussels, checked into our hotel and then had lunch around 2:30 (mussels and pomme frite).  I left the two of them to explore the city and I headed to the suburbs to watch S play basketball at St. John's.  After watching the game, I traveled another hour back to the hotel.  When all was said and done, I did about 6 plus hours of driving.  At 8:30, C, Alana and I went to dinner.  Christopher ordered escargot.  He shared it with Alana.  Christopher had to help her eat the escargot because she could not master the escargot tongs.  After dinner, I left them to explore the city nightlife while I went back to the hotel to collapse into my bed -- Oh to be young.

We got up early the next day to travel to the International School of Brussels to watch S play b-ball.  After the game, we took S to Brussels so that she could see the square and sample a waffle and some macaroons.

Interestingly, C and Alana liked Brussels more than Florence.

As always here are some pictures.



Escargot and escargot tongs










No comments:

Post a Comment