Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16, 2012

August 16, 2012

Yesterday morning K needed cash for the bookstore at FIS.  She needed to purchase some folders and notebooks.  Being the good mother that I am,  I hopped in the car and parked as close to the bank as possible, ran out in the rain and arrived at the door of the bank.  I looked around for a way to insert my card and get the door to buzz open.  Guess what -- there was no slot for the card.  I went back to the apartment unsuccessful.  Later in the day, I went to the bank when it was open and asked about access to the automated teller machines.  Believe it or not, the woman in the bank said that there is no access to the bank machines when the bank is closed.  I am not sure I understand the concept, but I will have to adjust my schedule and make sure that I take out cash when the bank is open.

After my trip to the bank,  I decided to take a trip to Wiesbanden to visit the Italian supermarket.  It is a great store with homemade sausage, great cheeses, Italian wines and homemade pasta.  I made some purchases and headed to IKEA to purchase a few things I needed for the kitchen.  With two burners and two medium sized pots, I managed to make sausage, sauce, pasta and salad for dinner, no easy task in our hotel room/mini apartment.  The girls enjoyed eating homecooked food and we all enjoyed staying in for a change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment