Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 28th -- Move In Day!

August 28, 2012

Move in day finally arrived.  I spent the day directing the movers and unpacking boxes.  Slowly, but surely we are getting there.  Ironically, we probably could have brought more furniture with us.  Oh well, I guess that is why we have IKEA.

One thing that definitely will be a challenge is that there are no closets in houses in Europe.  Instead, you purchase wardrobes -- remember "The Lion, the Witch and the WARDROBE."  We did purchase some wardrobes from the people who lived here before us, but I do not think we will be able to fit all of our clothes in these wardrobes.  Keep in mind that there are no hall closets for coats or linen closets for sheets and towels.  Yes, we will be visiting IKEA and I will definitely have something to do putting all of the furniture together.

The girls and I had dinner at the house -- we grilled hamburgers, but returned to the hotel to sleep.  Like I said -- we are making progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment